Pinch, punch, first of the month!
Can you believe it's November already? I suppose everyone is saying it, but it really does feel like this year has flown by and it feels like an age since I have blogged, but I promise to be more frequent with it from now one - Girl Guides promise!
So to kick start November I've pulled together a select few favourite products that really did help get me through a complicated october.
|From left to right:|
Lush bubblegum lip scrub,
Benefit they're Real: mascara, remover and eyeliner
MAC matte lipstick in Ruby Woo.
From left to right:
Garnier Micellar Cleansing water
Schwarzkopf got2be volumizing spray mousse
These products have helped keep my face, hair and body in check while I've been adjusting to life and conditions in Brighton.
- Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub: This is a firm keeper for me, it's not been tested on animals, if it lands on my tongue it's edible and tastes like it says on the tin, so I don't feel sick and a wee bit of exfoliating with this and my lips don't just feel softer and ready to have my lipstick applied but it makes them a teeny bit bigger. I'm no Kylie Jenner but it's definitely a confidence boost.
- Would I repurchase? Yes, always yes, but I may have to try they're Christmas one next!
- Benefit They're Real Mascara: If there is a holy grail of mascaras, I think this may be it! They're real does make my lashes seem so much longer and it doesn't leave me with panda eyes either after a night out or a particularly bad day on the slog. Plus I have rather sensitive eyes and it doesn't bother them,
- Would I repurchase? This actually is a repurchase and I think I would again.
- Benefit They're Real Remover: Trouble was when I first tried the mascara, was a buggar to get off. But Benefit were way ahead of me and brought out this little beauty, so when I saw you got this and they eyeliner free with the mascaras they were the perfect trio to get me through the month.
- Would I repurchase? It's been brill and a favey this month, but the price does put me off a little, perhaps next pay day!
- Benefit They're Real Eyeliner: Like the mascara I've always been on the lookout for a liner that wouldn't leave me with panda eyes, and this does just the job. It is a little tricky to get the hang of when applying to begin with but I got there in the end and I really love the flick and the look it gives.
- Would I repurchase? I already have! It's worth it to me and a little goes a long way so I couldn't resist!
- MAC lipstick matte in Ruby Woo: Ever wonder what I use to get that perfect red lip finish? Well it's this bad boy! It's a brilliant colour that last hours on end! There's so many reasons it's a cult classic and it definitely merits a post of it's own - so keep your eyes peeled!
- Would I repurchase? Of course, why fix what isn't broken!
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing water: I've loved this since I pinched it off my sister ages ago and started using it, until I reckon she caught on and I got my own (sorry if you're reading this Bec, you just have great taste!) It's brilliant for getting rid of even the most stubborn make up (except They're Real!) and doesn't leave any sticky residue on your face after using.
- Would I repurchase? I have and this time I'm trying they're Pure Active Micellar Water.
- E45 Cream: I have a lot of allergies and when I suffered a sever allergic reaction this last month my skin has been unruly and accepted nothing on it. But it was actually my Dad that told me to get this as he said it helped when this happened to my skin when I was younger. I did and my skin felt softer by the day. It unscented and leaves skin feeling lovely and soft, it's really become a bit of a beauty staple for me and it's great for dry skin with the changing weather.
- Would I repurchase? Everytime, even just to have it around in case of a particularly bad skin day!
- Schwarzkopf got2be volumizing spray mousse: This is fab, if like me you don't revel in the idea of tipping your head upside down to apply mousse and then have to guess at where you've put it. It allows you to evenly apply throughout your hair and it really does give it some oomph after drying!
- Would I repurchase? It was really good, but I like to chop and change my hair products, if I can find a different one with a similar applicator I might try that instead.
So, those have been my October favourites and they really have done me a world of good with the odd month it has been with the weather not knowing what it was doing - though I feel we have now hit a true descent into winter and I'm bloody excited!
I'd love to know what your thoughts are on my October favourites and I would definitely love you to send me yours!
Tata for now!
P.S As it's November first we are officially allowed to be excited for Christmas:
Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing. Ring ting tingle-ing too. Come on, it's lovely weather. For a sleigh ride together with you